I Know Amalgam Fillings Are Less Expensive, But Isn’t Mercury Dangerous?
Not necessarily. According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), millions of patients worldwide have received traditional amalgam fillings over the past 150 years. Clinical studies in both adults and children over six years of age have found no link between metal fillings and health complications.
However, if you are concerned about the dangers of mercury or are allergic to certain metals, your dentist can help you choose a more appropriate material for treatment.
So what should you expect during your appointment?
A tooth-colored filling provides long-lasting, natural-looking protection for your tooth after decay is removed.
Fillings Are A Quick, Easy Way To Preserve Your Natural Tooth
- Treatment is virtually painless and immediately beneficial.
Fillings can be placed in a single appointment lasting under one hour. In most cases, there is little to no downtime after treatment.
- Several materials can be used to fill a tooth.
You can choose between traditional amalgam, gold, and tooth-colored composite to meet your aesthetic goals and budget.
- Fillings can protect your smile from more widespread damage.
Decay can spread from the outer portion of the tooth to the inner pulp if left untreated. Fillings can prevent the need for more extensive procedures such as root canal therapy.
Let us show you how simple fillings are…
Fillings Are Performed Every Day.
Advanced Dental Wellness Center
A cavity can impact the look of your smile and the function of affected teeth, which can lead to painful symptoms. A dental filling can restore the integrity of a compromised tooth and relieve discomfort in a single appointment. Why you shouldn’t wait to have a cavity filled…
Receiving A Filling Is Simple
- Your dentist will assess the location of your cavity or cavities using high-quality images.
- He or she will determine whether root canal therapy is needed or if a filling alone can treat your affected tooth.
- Together with your Fort Lauderdale dentist, you will choose between traditional amalgam, gold, silver, or tooth-colored composite resin for the material of your filling.
- After providing you with a local anesthetic, your dentist will remove decay and place the filling over the area of concern.
- To ensure a comfortable fit, your dentist will assess your bite before sending you home.
- Most patients are fully recovered within hours of their appointment.
Still Not Sure Whether A Dental Filling Is Right For You?
Simple, Cost-Effective Protection
A filling is best for cases of mild to moderate decay. If you have decay that extends over one or more cusps (edges) of a tooth, an inlay or onlay may better fit your needs. Extensive damage may require a custom dental crown, which covers the entire visible portion of a tooth for lifelike results. Treatment for cavities is simple, cost-effective, and can be designed to fit your budget. Avoiding treatment can cause more widespread decay, infection, and even tooth loss. Schedule an appointment today to protect the health of your smile.