Fort Lauderdale Dental Laser Procedures
Focus On Laser Dental Procedures
Let us start by letting you know that the only laser dentistry technology we offer in our dental office is treating and reducing deep gum pockets. However, we do plan to expand the scope of our laser treatments in the future. This page was created to help our patients and anyone who wants to learn more about the application of laser technology in dentistry. If you want to know about the benefits of laser dentistry and how it can help you, our dentists would certainly assist you and answer your queries. We would gladly refer you to a dentist specializing in laser treatments that we don't offer.
The use of lasers in dentistry is fairly recent. That said, the lasers that your dentists use are not the same as those used in phototherapy to treat pain. In dental surgery and dentistry, lasers are used mainly as cutting devices capable of making precise cuts. Lasers may also be used to increase the bond between filling material such as dental cement and the tooth's enamel. The heat dissipated by the lasers can be used during teeth whitening procedures as well.
What Can Laser Procedures Provide?
Lasers are becoming popular amongst dentists, and they use them for several applications, including:
- Tooth decay: Lasers can easily remove the decaying matter from a tooth before the dentist fills the cavity with a filler.
- Teeth whitening: Lasers are routinely used during the whitening procedures to activate the bleaching agents containing peroxides.
- Gum disease: Lasers are being used to remove any infectious tissue, bacteria from gums and even reshape gums by some dentists.
- Biopsy: Small pieces of tissue can be excised using lasers which can then be sent for cancer screening
- Lesion removal: Chancre sores can be treated with lasers, and in some severe cases, laser treatment can also provide pain relief.
Our Customer Reviews
"Best dentist and best dental hygienist I have ever worked with in my entire life! They are professional, patient, and for the first time in years I am comfortable going back to the dentist. Outstanding experience and I highly recommend their office to everyone!"