Are you suffering from gum disease or want to improve the aesthetics of your smile? Then look no further than gingivectomy! Gingivectomy surgery involves removing gum from around a tooth or teeth and can provide a long-term solution.
At Advanced Dental Wellness Center, we have years of experience performing gingivectomy procedures. In just 30 minutes, we can transform your gums, giving you a smile you always dreamed of and heal your gingivitis.
What is Gingivectomy?
A gingivectomy is the removal of gum tissue (gingiva) around a tooth or multiple teeth. This surgical procedure is typically performed to treat gum disease or to improve the aesthetics of a "gummy" smile, where excess gum covers much of the teeth, making them appear short.
Purpose of Gingivectomy:
- To Treat periodontal disease – a gingivectomy may be necessary to remove diseased gum tissue that has pulled away from the teeth, creating deep pockets. The removal of this tissue helps control the infection and prevent further deterioration of the gum and supporting structures.
- For cosmetic purposes, it can reshape the gumline to create a more pleasing smile.
How Does a Gingivectomy Work?
Here is how a typical gingivectomy procedure works:
- The dentist will inject a local anesthetic into your gums
- The dentist will remove gum using a scalpel or laser tool
- The dentist will use a laser tool to shape your gums
- The dentist will place a bandage over your gums to speed up the recovery process
The whole procedure only lasts 30 minutes, and within one week, you will be fully recovered!
The cost of gingivectomy is $200 to $400 per tooth. The average total cost of gingivectomy treatment in Fort Lauderdale is $800 to $1200. If you have dental insurance, you can claim a portion of the cost.
The price of a gingivectomy is very reasonable, considering it is a permanent solution to gum disease or a gummy smile. Even better, the surgical procedure can be completed in just one trip to the dentist!
Do you have a gummy smile? With a dental gingivectomy, you can permanently remove excess gum and quickly achieve a perfect smile. A gingivectomy is also an effective way to:
- Stop gum disease
- Protect teeth
- Improve overall oral health
- Remove diseased tissue
If you want to improve your smile or quickly halt gum disease, then book your consultation at Advanced Dental Wellness Center in Fort Lauderdale today!
The area to be operated on is numbed with a local anesthetic. The dentist or periodontist removes the excess gum tissue with a scalpel, laser, or other specialized dental tools.
After removing the excess tissue, the dentist shapes the remaining gums to fit around the teeth snugly.
The gums are then allowed to heal around the teeth in new position. Healing usually takes a short period, during which the patient may be advised to follow a specific diet and oral care routine to facilitate healing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a Gingivectomy Painful?
A gingivectomy is performed using numbing agents or a local anesthetic. You won’t feel any pain during the procedure. After your gingivectomy, you may experience some slight pain and discomfort. However, an over-the-counter painkiller is typically enough to alleviate any pain.
You should fully recover from your gingivectomy within 1 week. We recommend resting for 1 day before returning to work or your usual activities due to mild pain and bleeding.
Don’t let excess gum tissue or gum disease hurt your self-esteem or cause you pain! Book an appointment with our experienced dentists and, in one simple 30-minute low cost procedure, transform your gums!
How make gingivectomy aftercare?
- Pain Management. Patients may experience mild discomfort after the procedure, which can often be managed with over-the-counter pain relievers.
- Special mouth rinses or other recommended oral hygiene practices may be advised to keep the area clean and aid in the healing process.
- A soft diet may be recommended for a few days following the procedure to prevent irritation of the treated area.
I have my best dental experience in Advanced Dental Wellness Center! Dr. Lipovetski is very knowledgeable and experienced with a holistic approach. Besides improving my dental health I am feeling so much better in general. I am very happy with the ceramic implants that were placed here by a wonderful surgeon! The whole staff is also top notch!
Natalie was absolutely fantastic!! If you dont enjoy dentists and cleaning she made the experience pleasant and calm from start to finish! The entire staff and team have been a pleasure.
Beautiful and peaceful office, quick and painless, very professional and timely experience. I’ll be referring all of my friends, and made an appointment for my husband already!